Monday, June 13, 2011

Cyrus the Virus: An Underrated Villian

So I caught myself watching Con-Air on TBS last night. Now, I usually vow to never watch ANY movie on cable TV, but I couldn't help myself. I love everything that's awful about this movie - Nick Cage's southern accent, the terrible one-liners, and the whole damn premise in general. However, one thing that is great about this movie is John Malkovich's character "Cyrus "The Virus" Grissum." He's the perfect mix of evil, wit, intelligence, and comedy. I feel like he's such an underrated villian just because of how awful the movie is. If you can just clear your brain of lines like "I told you to put the bunnay back in box," you can see what I mean. Here's two short scenes to illustrate:



 See - simple, but effective. If I were Danny Trejo, I'd keep my dick in my pants. Also, I know I can't fly.

Now, I may be a little biased because I usually love anything including Malkovich and anything including Buscemi...and this movie has BOTH.


Also, it could be argued that Nick Cage has the BEST hair in any movie, ever:


God, look at those sweet locks. It's like Billy Ray Cyrus and Harry Dunne (Dumb and Dumber) had a child. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment